Oak Harbor Christian School: Building His Kingdom since 1938!
We are a Preschool through 8th Grade private, Christian school. Our educational program is based on two things: Christ-centered learning and academic excellence. We want to equip children to grow and face life’s challenges with the peace and strength that only God can provide.
We are looking for Christian teachers for our elementary school.
The preferred candidate will:
- Understand and promote Oak Harbor Christian School's vision and mission.
- Provide opportunities for spiritual growth in students.
- Plan and teach through a biblical worldview.
- Develop weekly and long-term lesson plans.
- Work with the assigned curriculum.
- Assist with curriculum development.
- Create a productive and enriched learning environment for all students.
- Assess students regularly, provide progress reports, and document students' academic and disciplinary development.
- Washington State certification, or meets requirements consistent with Chapter 180-90 WAC preferred
- Knowledge of educational technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Customer-service and public-relations focused
- Maintains confidentiality and work flexibility
- Christian role model in attitude, speech, and action
- Attend devotions, faculty meetings, after school and evening events
- CPR-certified or willing to receive and pass certification training
- Background Check
- One to three years prior teaching experience
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e I[a]), Oak Harbor Christian School (as a faith-based organization) has the right to hire only candidates who agree with the Oak Harbor Christian School’s Statement of Faith and adhere to the Oak Harbor Christian School’s Standards of Conduct.
Full-time Kindergarten teacher
Part-time 2nd grade teacher
- ELA teachers
- Science teachers
- Math teachers
- PE teachers
- History teachers
- Elementary school teachers
- Algebra teachers
- Bible teachers
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Oak Harbor Christian School family!
To initiate the application process, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: application form (HERE), updated resume, and two professional references with emails and phone numbers.
Once we receive and evaluate your application, we will inform you of next steps.